Join my colorful nail care journey!

Saturday, March 19, 2011

American Apparel - African Violet (03/19/2011)

I discovered this beautiful color on a fellow MUA nailboarder (p0key) and said, "What is that?"  She told me that it was her absolute favorite brand, American Apparel and it was called African Violet.  Needless to say, I was there within days to find this gorgeous purple.


Color Description:  This is an extremely rich, comic book, BOOM, POW, WOW, purple.  It's a medium to dark creme that photographs on the blue side but definitely has a hint of magenta in there somewhere.  I attempted to capture the true hue of African Violet...  This is definitely one to own, ladies!


Similar To:  I, honestly, have nothing to compare this with in my collection.  It's uniquely different for a purple.


This Look:  One coat of Starting Over After Artificials, two coats of African Violet and one coat of Mega Shine.


Price Point/Availability:  These are sold online or in-store at American Apparel for $6 ea. or 3/$15 and can go for as low as 7/$32 online.


Alright, ladies, I'm going to go make some tea and try to kick this cold!  Have a nice and well-polish weekend for me, because I won't be going anywhere for a while. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...