I know, I know! You may have seen this combo a hundred times, but I finally broke down and purchased a crackle nail lacquer. Crackles are not necessarily my cup of tea but I wanted to try out China Glaze Black Mesh, so here's my review. Oh, and my friend highly recommended OPI's Teenage Dream from the Katy Perry Collection, so I'm giving that a whirl, as well.
Black Mesh goes on nice and thin, dries to a deep matte black and crackles thin and fast. OPI's Teenage Dream is very sparkly and girly with various types of glitter including larger round holographic sparkles. I actually used Black Mesh to calm down Teenage Dream.
OPI's Black Shatter is very close to Black Mesh from China Glaze's CRACKLEglaze Collection , however, the OPI version has a thicker consistency and may dry a bit slower. Teenage Dream has been compared as a pinker/prettier version to Sally Hansen's Strobe Light by Addicted To All Things Pretty. I've now tried both and totally agree!
I based two coats Teenage Dream with Chameleon's Calypso and then added one thin coat of Black Mesh. Topped that off with my Shine & Hold Top Coat.
Chameleons Calypso is readily available at drugstores nationwide (i.e. Rite Aid); Black Mesh and Teenage Dream, not so much. These two are both Limited Edition I picked mine up with in the last week at JC Penney (Teenage Dream) and Sally Beauty Supply (Black Mesh). Right now JC Penney is having a BOGO50% for their OPI in the Salon section of the store and Sally's has their China Glaze priced at $4.99.
Have you gotten into the crackled effect? It took me a long time but like I said I fell for it and though it's not LOVE, it's not HATE either - IT'S JUST PLAIN FUN... Would love to hear you well-polished thought down below!
- ► 2012 (37)
- Zoya - Faye (Summer Sunshine Collection 2011)
- Summer Zoyas Have Landed!
- American Apparel - Summer Peach (03/28/2011)
- Fun-Friday Mani: OPI/China Glaze - Teenage Dream L...
- My Zoya Summer Nail Polish Selections!
- CLOSE-UP: Designer Perfect Eye Liner Brush (for NP...
- American Apparel - African Violet (03/19/2011)
- Milani - Purple Mirror (3/15/2011)
- Sally Hansen - Infinite Natural (3/12/2011)
- American Apparel - Peacock
- American Apparel Swatches - Greens (Mac Arthur Par...
- Wet N Wild - How I Met Your Magenta/Fast Dry (3/8/...
- Sally Hansen Color Quick Pen - Midnight (3/5/2011)...
- Misa Chenille Chartreuse (3/2/2011)
- ▼ March (14)