Join my colorful nail care journey!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Barielle - Elle's Spell (12/13/2010)

I was so excited to find this at Ulta on Saturday!  I called and the store said, "No, we don't have it but we have the Too Faced Enchanted Kit".  I went to the store thinking, "One out of two isn't bad."  Low and behold, I perused the aisles and there it was.  The only Barielle of note (IMO) in the collection.

Color Description: Elle's Spell (ES) has a deep ruby jelly base with medium size golden-orange flakies.  This is definitely a nail fanatic must-have, however, like many jelly finishes, it is extremely difficult to capture in pictures.  I did the best I could. :)

Price Point:  Barielle's are reasonably priced (for a salon brand) at $6.00.  So far, I've only seen these at Ulta and Barielle.com, but I'm sure these can be found at a few boutique salons and beauty supply stores.

Similar To:  I have no other red flaky in my collection, however, from pictures of Nfu Oh #59 (see PHD's awesome post here), it looks like #59 is the closest thing on the market and is probably as accessible as ES.  I own about five other red lacquers with gold or red glitter which are: Rush Glamour (old school Sally Beauty brand), Essie Ruby Slippers, Maybelline Red Carpet, China Glaze Ruby Pumps and the newest edition Milani Red Sparkle. All of these put me in the same mind frame as ES (also included in the bottle pic below).

This Look: 1 coat of Starting Over After Artificials, 3 coats of ES and 1 coat of Sherani Tufcoat.

Well, thanks for stopping by and I believe my next mani will be full on glitter.  Can't wait to post this soon. 

Stay well-polished and dry today; it's raining here in Sunny Los Angeles!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...