Join my colorful nail care journey!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Milani - Silver Dazzle (01/29/2011)

Color Description:  Milani's Silver Dazzle (SD) One Coat Glitter lacquer is a blackened charcoal glitter that really comes alive with the right topcoat!  However, without a topcoat it's the closest thing to asphalt that I've ever worn on my nails - from the look to the texture, it's very dark and intriguing.  I wore SD to a gala last night with a long black dress and this jacket, it was a perfect match.


Similar To:  You tell me?  No serious, I'd love to hear what else this is close to because I pulled out my OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous and Brand New Skates - similar in color but look and texture, definitely not dupes.  SD contains brilliant chunky glitter, while the others are more fine and subdued.


This Look:  Okay so you can wear this color multiple ways. 1) one coat lacquer, no topcoat - for that asphalt look and feel, or 2) one coat lacquer, one coat topcoat - for a semi-flat, still textured look, or lastly, like I'm wearing in the pic, 3) two coats lacquer, two coats topcoat - for an out of this world blackened charcoal glitter-fest on the nail.  I was in a rush last night so I wore option #2.


Topcoat Recommendation:  Tonight I had a bit more time so I put on one more coat of SD and a new top coat I'm trying out called Sally Hansen NailShine Miracle (click to read box description) and though it is not a quick dry, it is great for this type of finish, a gritty glitter that absorbs the shine from a top coat - your nails will still look nice but not spectacular.  Well, I topped it off with a quick dry and wahlah the shiniest, most spectacular glitter mani I've laid my eyes on!


Price Point/Availability:  Milani SD is said to be installed in the core line eventually, however, when I picked it up it retailed for $5.00 and was on a promotional display.  I still see some CVS's with this display so you should be able to find it.  The NailShine Miracle is currently clearance priced at CVS for 75% off and that's the only reason why I tried it.  I'm so glad I did, this stuff is AMAZING.


Have you tried any of the products in this review?  If so, please let me know your well-polished thoughts!  Until next time, have an awesome week...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...