Join my colorful nail care journey!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Essie - Meet Me At Sunset (4/27/2011)

Orange is one of the hottest trends of this Spring/Summer and Essie hit the nail on the head with Meet Me At Sunset (MMAS) from their 2011 Summer Collection: Color Me Braziliant!  


Color Description:  Essie describes MMAS an "intense flamigo citrine", I say, google "safety orange" and you'll get its overall feel.  But don't feel as if you have to play it safe and pass this one by, it's definitely a wearable orange.


Similar To:  I compared a few orange-reds from my collection here and the bottom line was that MMAS has the most vivid orange hue of them all!  These are all close: OPI - Big Hair Big Nails, Essie - Meet Me At Sunset, OPI - Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It, Borghese - Castello Cherry and Love & Beauty - Coral.


This Look:  One coat of Starting Over After Artificials, two coats of MMAS (definitely could've used a third) and on coat of Sally Hansen Mega Shine.


Price Point/Availability:  Essie retails for $8 at some drugstores and select salon locations.  I really like the fact that CVS is now selling these and I can use my ExtraBucks to purchase them.


Now orange you glad you can be fabulous for as little as $8?  Nail polish is just a little way to introduce trends into your wardrobe and I'm all for that.  Let me know which Summer Essie's you're picking up this season.  Stay well-polished and TTYS!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...