Join my colorful nail care journey!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

OPI - Not Like The Movies (4/23/2011)

Hello there my pretties!  Today I'm going to a baby shower at a country club (nice!), so I wanted to wear something exceptionally pretty for the occasion.  Well, Katy Perry's Not Like The Movies was just screaming, "wear me, wear me!". 


Color Description:  
While my version has virtually no violet/pink undertones, it definitely is a duochrome that changes from a beautiful silver to a lovely shimmering green.  Oh, and I can't forget the silver micro-shimmers that take this color over the top.  


Similar To:  The original version has been compared to Wet N Wild's Gray's Anatomy and this one puts me in the mind of OPI Brand New Skates in certain lighting (so pretty)!  


This Look:   One coat of Starting Over After Artificials, three coats of Not Like The Movies, and one coat of Sally Hansen Mega Shine. 


Price Point/Availability:  I found mine in the JC Penney Salon where it retails for $8.00.  Although this is a Limited Edition color, you can still find this online and at other Salon locations.   


I believe this is the second batch to be released but I can't be too sure.  What I have been noticing, however, is that if your batch number on the bottom starts with a 10 then you have the first batch and if it starts with an 11 then more than likely you have the second batch.   

Last Thought:
Even though Not Like The Movies will, more than likely, go down in history as OPI's biggest debacle of 2011, I'm glad to own this version. 


What do you think of this color and which version do you have?  Better yet, what number is on the bottom of your bottle?  Do tell...





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...