Join my colorful nail care journey!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pink Wednesday: Essie - Status Symbol (05/25/2011)

Well, Wednesday is here and I'm excited to wear an untried pink!  Essie Status Symbol (SS) is from the Spring 2009 collection and is a great Spring/Summer color that can be worn on the tips and toes with ease.


Color Description:  Described by Essie as a creamy feisty hot pink, Status Symbol, by its very name, suggests that is the quintessential "mean girls" pink. It is a medium flamingo pink with a unique creme/jelly finish.  So nice!


Similar To:  SS has been compared to OPI Strawberry Margarita (clic 4 pic)  by Vee, of Milan & Vanaily and is very close to OPI Elephantastic Pink.  In certain lighting, it also reminds me of Wet n' Wild (click 4 pic) How I Met Your Magenta.  As you can see from the pics, this color can go from "party over here" to "sweet sophistication" in an instant. :)


This Look:  One coat of Starting Over After Artificials, three coats of SS and one coat of Shine and Hold topcoat.  I used three coats to even out the bald spots on my nails.  If you have patience enough for a third coat, it can really make a difference in the final look.


Price Point/Availability:   I own the mini bottle that came with Flawless, Mesmerize and One of A Kind. I picked it up on sale at Ulta over a year ago.  At any rate, Status Symbol can be purchased at various e-tailers online or may be found at select salon locations retailing for $8.00.  However, I believe this to be discontinued because it's not sold on Essie's website. 


I'm always pleased to hear from you so, by all means, leave a comment down below and as always have a well-polished Wednesday!

Oh and before I forget, this look was inspired by my all-time favorite Beanie Baby, Pinky the Flamingo.  Isn't she the cutest? 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...