Join my colorful nail care journey!

Friday, February 10, 2012

Wet n Wild - On A Trip (02/10/2012)

w/ Cloudy Setting (most accurate)
Run, don't walk to your nearest Walgreens and pick up Wet N Wild's new MegaLast Salon Nail Color in On A Trip!  I found this today and just had to put it on my hands, especially after I looked in my melmers and finding that I have no similar color in my collection.  However, I will still do the "Similar To" section and let you know what I thought it would be close to - NOT!!!


Color Description: Periwinkle creme! That's it and that's all... It definitely photographs blue so in order to get the truest color I had to set my camera to cloudy and wahlah a nice rendition of what On A Trip really looks like on my hands.  I ♥ IT...


Similar To: This is what I imagined China Glaze's Secret Periwinkle to look like on the nail.  I've only seen in real life once and watched while one of my nail polish buddies snagged it telling me how sought after it was.  Well for all you CG SP lovers, give this one a spin.  I also thought it would be close to Zoya Mira or American Apparel African Violet but these are darker with less blue-tones.


w/ Auto Balance
This Look: One coat of Starting Over After Artificals, two coats of On A Trip, and one coat of Shine & Hold.


Application: I thought I'd add this since the brush is huge!  About the same size if not larger than the Sally Hansen Salon Manicure brushes which can be a bit unwieldy.  But it wasn't a real issue and the formula is very creamy and thick; bald with one coat and opaque in two.


Price Point/Availability:  I've only seen this collection at Rite Aid and Walgreens.  Walgreens is having a sale right now for B2GOF and at only $1.99/ea. you'll be getting 3/$3.98.  Nice deal!


Hope you enjoy this one as much as I do!  Please let me know if you've picked it up and your thoughts. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...