Join my colorful nail care journey!

Monday, May 16, 2011

L.A. Colors - Solar Gold (5/16/2011)

Today's manicure was inspired by a picture from a Yahoo! article on the web Sunday morning.  I was so in awe by this golden tipped bride that I set out on a quest to recreate the look.  A few thought this was minx and though that may be true, I wanted to see what my stash had in "store" for me, so I went shopping in my own collection.

Color Description:  L.A. Colors Solar Gold is a very pale, yellow,14k-like, gold frost.  Nice but not opaque enough for the look so I layered it over an pale yellow from Maybelline called Bamboo Yellow, (click here to see Scrangie's pic). 

Yahoo! news pic
Similar To:  This gold was the only gold like this that I own.  A few other suggestions were Orly Luxe, OPI Glitzerland or Maybelline's Gold Guitar.  I own two of these and they didn't quite have enough yellow in them and both contained shimmer, which the pic does not.

This Look:  Two coats of Miss Marion's Superbase, one coat of Maybelline Bamboo Yellow, one coat of Sally Hansen NailShine Miracle and one coat of Shine and Hold top coat.  I think I overdid it a bit with the topcoats because there's some bubbling happening which I'm not happy with but overall the color was close that I tried to achieve.

Price Point/Availability:  Both Solar Gold and Bamboo Yellow are discontinued but please let me know if you try to recreate this look what you come up with!  This was my best shot but it's not nearly as pretty as my inspiration picture.

Thanks for stopping by and hope to hear from you soon!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...