Trying to figure out the best way to showcase my glitters, I painted one hand white and the other black. Needless to say, black won out hands down with Black Onyx stealing the show. I almost don't want to put the glitter on now.
Color Description: The shiniest, wettest looking black I've seen yet. Definitely dries with a jelly finish, go figure?
Similar To: Sinful Colors Black on Black is an awesome black, too, but OPI's formula is a lot thinner and easier to deal with than Black on Black. Black Onyx is also very fast drying, as well.
This Look: One coat of Starting Over After Artificials and two coats of Black Onyx - that's it and that's all folks! Can you believe how shiny this is without a topcoat?
Price Point/Availability: Black Onyx is in OPI's core line so should be easily found in stores and online wherever OPI is sold and retails for $8.50.
I won't be wearing Black Onyx alone but I thought it warranted it's own review because for those of you who do rock black nails, this needs to be in your collection...
- ► 2012 (37)
- Milani - Hot, Hot, Hot w/ Accent Nail & OOTD (07/3...
- OPI - Congeniality is My Middle Name (07/28/2011)
- NAIL REWIND: Revlon - Gray Suede
- Pink Wednesday: OPI - Crim-Sun
- Omega Labs - Silvery Green (07/24/2011)
- OPI - Black Onyx (The Perfect Glitter Base)
- Fun-Friday Mani: China Glaze - Skyscraper (07/22/...
- China Glaze: Black Label vs. White Label - What's ...
- Pink Wednesday: OPI Pistol Packin' Pink
- China Glaze - OMG (07/15/2011)
- Kleancolor 231 - Chunky Holo Scarlet over OPI - A ...
- Pink Wednesday: Essie Topless & Barefoot
- OPI - A Man In Every Port-ugal (07/11/2011)
- Pink Wednesday: OPI - Pink-ing Of You
- ▼ July (14)