Join my colorful nail care journey!

Friday, July 15, 2011

China Glaze - OMG (07/15/2011)

No special occasion to celebrate tonight but this lacquer is truly putting me in a celebratory mood!  Listening to some good music (old-school, James Bradley), just finished a fantastic mani and winding it down for the evening. OMG is "Oh My Goodness" all bottled up and then some...


Color Description:  Holo-rific goodness and awesome sauce in a bottle, China Glaze OMG is considered a linear holographic lacquer (defined by the oil slick appearance).  Shining silver with a microcosm of rainbow particles, OMG, is one of the most special nail lacquers I own.  To bling out my mani a little more I add Maybelline's Planet Pluto on my ring fingers, making for a spectacular combo.


Similar To:  I don't have another silver linear holographic but from online pics this reminds me of Nfu Oh 61, Chanel Holographic, and a few others.  Here's a comparison post from More Nail Polish that might help a bit.  As you will see, even though OMG reminds me of others, there's really no dupe out there because they're all slightly different.  I'm just glad to have this on right now, that's all.


This Look:  One coat of Starting Over After Artificials and two coats of OMG (I left the topcoat off for the pictures).  Then added two coats of Maybelline Planet Pluto to ring fingers.


Price Point/Availability:  This lacquer is now discontinued but others from this collection can go for as high as $25/ea. on Ebay.  Wowzers!


I think this was the most difficult review to type up because I keep stretching out my hands and looking at my nails.  Until today, this was an untried and I'm so happy that I'm experiencing what all of the hype is about this lacquer - WORTH EVERY PENNY!  Do you own this or anything similar?  Would ♥ to hear from some of my polished peeps!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...