Join my colorful nail care journey!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sally Hansen - Rockstar Candy (11/30/2010)

I'm not quite sure what kind of candy Rockstar's eat, but Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure's rendition, Rockstar Candy (RC), is gorgeous and is definitely eye candy for us nail polish fanatics!

Color Description:  As you can see in the pics, RC looks totally different in varying lights.  It can look like a soft shimmering mauve with purplish pink hues or it can look like a flat out raspberry frost in all of its glory.  IRL, however, it looks more like the first picture than the second.

Price Point:  This nail lacquer goes for about $8.00 in drugstores but if you wait for a deal and double up on your coupons you can get them for a steal.

Similar To:  I honestly can't tell you what this looks like to me because I don't have anything else like it.  I don't usually buy these types of pinks.  This is definitely a more mature and sophisticated pink, IMO.






The Brand:  Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure lacquers boast of being the "salon manicure made simple" with an all inclusive, Base Coat, Strengthener, Growth Treatment, Color, Top Coat in one polish.  As well as a patented Vita-Care Technology for advanced wear, more shine, and nourishing care.

This Look:  I don't know about all of that so to keep my precious nails looking there best this week, I used (from bottom to top): one coat of Starting over After Artificials, one coat of Sally Hansen Hard As Wraps Acrylic Gel, 3 coats of Rockstar Candy, and one coat of Sally Hansen's Mega Shine.  

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Do you own this color?  Are you having second thoughts of passing it up?  I'm glad I gave it try and maybe you will be too.  Stay well-polished and warm, and see you soon!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...