Join my colorful nail care journey!

Friday, May 4, 2012

OPI - I Vant To Be A-Lone Star

I'm attending a wedding tomorrow and will be wearing a yellow/gray floral dress and this color was calling my name. I Vant To Be A-Lone Star is from OPI Texas Collection (Spring/Summer 2011). 


After doing a little sleuthing, it appears that the name of this lacquer comes from a famous Greta Garbo quote from the movie The Grand Hotel. 


Wikipedia states that Garbo saying, "I want to be alone..." became so popular that "in 2005 it was voted the 30th most memorable movie quote of all time." I guess there is something to these collection names, after all.


Description: Isn't she lovely? On my skin tone this shows up as a creamy gray frost (EDIT: definitely a pearl finish not frost) with blue undertones but OPI describes it as a starry-silvery blue.  Whatever the case may be it will look good on anyone!


Similar To: China Glaze Sea Spray is almost a dupe for this out of my collection. It is also said to be very similar in hue to Essie Sag Harbor.


This Look: One coat of Starting Over After Artificials, two coats of I Vant To Be A-Lone Star, and one coat of Shine & Hold topcoat.


Price Point/Availability: You can still find this lacquer at some salons and online retailer for up to $8.50.


Have a great weekend everyone!



9 comments:

  1. This color is gorgeous! And, I really love you nails! Thanks for following my blog, I followed you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great on you!! Have a good time at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty on you! I'm jealous, it looks pretty awful on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I MUST HAVE IT I MUST HAVE IT I MUST HAVE IT!!!! i need this color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Girl! It's still in stores but get it soon because it's not on OPI's site anymore, yikes!

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love your site! This has to be the most fun to look at and read about nail color blog that I have come across. Keep up the great post, girl! You're definitely doing your thang!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just got this! turns out it's being discontinued, so i grabbed mine for half off. thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got this in a mini and omg I loooove it. I have to use 3 coats for great coverage. Drying time is so fast. This looks great on my caramel skin tone. Literally cannot stop looking at my nails!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...