Join my colorful nail care journey!

Friday, May 11, 2012

Essie - Bazooka

Right in line with Pantone's Color of the Year for 2012, Essie Bazooka is bright and bold and, interestingly enough, very wearable when compared with other neons.  Bazooka hails from Essie's 2012 Poppy Razzi collection, as did, Action (my previous post).


Color Description: Bazooka is a bright orange translucent creme lacquer bordering on a jelly finish.  Again, it is not outlandish and can be very wearable in a fun setting.


Similar To: Bazooka reminds, in some ways of, Sinful Colors Big Daddy.  However, Big Daddy has a bit more red in it.


This Look: One coat of Starting Over After Artificials, two coats of Bazooka, and one coat of Sally Hansen's Mega Shine.


Price Point/Availability: Available now in your local drugstores and salons for a suggested retail price of $8.00.


(http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonliebigstuff/)
When trying to figure out where its name came from, I came across Bazooka bubble gum in the flavor Juicy Orange and the nail polish is the same color as the package.  Coincidence? Probably, but coincidences intrigue me.  This bubble gum was popular in the 80's and 90's. I remember Bazooka but not the Juicy Orange flavored kind.


So what do you think?  Would you wear this color?  Or, better yet, have you ever eaten Orange Juice flavored Bazooka bubble gum?

21 comments:

  1. This makes your nails look so juicy! Me like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty! I saw that today and wanted to get it but didn't...now I'm kicking myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be in stores for a while. You still have time! :)

      Delete
  3. lol I had no idea Bazooka had any other flavors than regular bubble gum and I think the occasional grape maybe? mostly bubble gum. I always begged my mom to get me some when we went to the gas station, I loved the little comics in the wrapper with Bazooka Joe..

    very pretty color =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on the Bazooka! I loved the comics in the package but was totally clueless about any other flavor - lol!

      Delete
  4. i had a hunch this was a jelly! thanks for confirming it, i definitely need this one now hehe (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing on you! I only got Camera from this collection, but now I want Bazooka as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the gum package you tracked down--I've never heard of that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a good common sense Blog. Very helpful to one who is just finding the resources about this part. It will certainly help educate me.
    This is a good common sense Blog. Very helpful to one who is just finding the resources about this part. It will certainly help educate me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. excellent post! I just loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I love your blog^^

    blogg♥mfashionfreak
    giveaway♥mfashionfreak

    I'd love to follow you if you could do the same for me <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello I'm your new follower from Italy ^_^
    what a beautiful Many, great !!!
    please visit me and my lil' blog
    http://simplelifeve.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I liked your blog, it's so cute! The real beauty-blog ^^ And you are so pretty =**
    Follow me on Bloglovin: Kisses From Europe
    I will follow you by Google or Bloglovin ;)
    Love&kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this color! It's energizing and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's an amazing Orange....I've never been a huge fan of orange nails, but the whole idea seems to be growing on me. That's a seriously fun nail polish, and I'd love to try that as part of some nail art designs. Great swatches. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the orange polish! I can already think of a few nail designs using that shade. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous. I love this years neons, especially the china glaze ones. Loving the name of this :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...