Join my colorful nail care journey!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Essie - Action

Today we have Essie Action from their neon collection - Poppy Razzi, which makes me want to go to the grocery store and pick up a nice big box of Creamsicles!  Very reminiscent of  a hot summer day waiting for the ice cream truck to come my way...


Color Description: Described by Essie as a vivid and wild tangerine, Action is definitely in the citrus family.  As you can see from the picture, it's light and creamy in the bottle but a bit darker and translucent on the nail.

Similar To:  Essie says, Action isn't "your 80's neon" because it has a "new generation of fluorescent pigments" so it's unique to others that may seem similar including L.A. Colors Color Craze in Shock (see Nightly Nails swatch of Shock here) which I thought was an exact dupe - no-go!  Shock is definitely more yellow than orange.

This Look:  One coat of OPI Acrylic Nail base coat, three coats of Action (and I still have VNL - yikes!) and one coat of Nutra Nail Ultra Shine topcoat. (Side Note: I've switched up my base and topcoat. I do this occasionally when swatching and don't plan to wear a lacquer very long).

Price Point/Availability:  The Poppy Razzi collection is popping up at my local CVS and Salon locations.  You may also be able to find this at Bed, Bath and Beyond.  Retail price is $8.00.

Well, what do you thing of Essie's fluorescent offering? While it is a fun color that conjures up memories of my childhood, I think the formula could have been better (i.e. somewhat difficult application). 


It looks like they're trying out a new formula that needs a few wrinkles ironed out.  Good thing I was given this lacquer to try by a friend.  We'll see if the next one is any better - I will be reviewing Essie Bazooka next...

3 comments:

  1. MMMM creamsicles... I love the color of this polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been craving Creamsicles lately and your post isn't helping!! :) This is "the One" I want from this collection. I'm not a huge neon fan, but I like this one a lot. It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up this one recently too. And i also said that it reminded me of a creamsicle...LOL! It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...