Join my colorful nail care journey!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

COMP-POST: Another Chanel Paradoxal Dupe? Really?

I stumbled across this color while traveling on one of my many "dusty" road trips!  At the time I found this polish it was old and separated and I had to shake it into submission but, boy oh boy, when I did it was a beautiful-ugly thing in the bottle that just had to come home with me.  I introduce to you Fortune by Dare toWear (a LeChat brand): 
























I did not know what Chanel Paradoxal looked like in person so I went home and started on my first frankening/layering experiment = FAIL!!! So, I just broke down and purchased the REAL THING, my very first Chanel nail polish - ooooooh!  Got it home and it was just about the same, if not the exact, look and feel of my beloved and beautiful-ugly Fortune (comp pics below):

Paradoxal is on my ring finger and Fortune is on the pinky.  Can you tell the difference?  At first glance, no, but at second glance, yes, Fortune is a bit darker. Listen, this is the closest dupe I've seen yet!

Chanel has a purplish-pink shimmer and D2W has a bluish-purple shimmer but it's so close no one but a nailboarder at the right angle in the light of the sun on a clear day could tell the difference!  And for about 1/10th of the price of the Chanel it's well worth it.  

I've worn both and have gotten more compliments on the D2W, go figure!  So, no need to back-up my Chanel Paradoxal because I have my beautiful-ugly Fortune waiting in the wings to take it's place.

These can be found in obscure little beauty supplies scattered through out California, however, they do have a website (http://www.lechatnails.com/dw247.htm) and who knows, if you're interested, you may be able to find it there.  But I really ♥ owning a Chanel and for the price of gas searching for a dupe or shipping charges to order this online you might as well pick up - THE REAL THING ;)!  And as always, I hope this post has found you "well-polished".

3 comments:

  1. Yay for fortune!! They do look exactly the same on you. Thanks for sharing sis :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this the day we met! I actually almost wore this as a mani recently but then decided on a different color. I'll get round to it soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @rmcandlelight and @ABOP - You girls need to put this on soon! Can't wait to see it as a future NOTD...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...