Join my colorful nail care journey!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

OPI - Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It (12/3/2010)

Yesterday while at Sally's Beauty Supply two sales associates at different times asked me what color this was.  Here I am thinking, "Wow, they work at Sally's with over a hundred shades of nail polish and they're curious about this color - that's amazing!"  I was beaming and was happy to give them the 411.

Color Description:  Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It (TDMMDI - whew!) is an orange-red, leaning towards neon, but not quite.  Vivid and vivacious, TDMMDI reminds me of the safety orange vests worn in Earthquake Drills (a California, thing!), but this color is anything but safe.  It's out there, as far as color goes, but can be worn with pretty much any outfit.


Price Point:  OPI generally goes for $8.00 each.  There are times when you can find them on promotion (BOGO) in places like Ulta; add a coupon to the deal and you can get them for nearly half off.  Those are the times to stock up on your favorite colors.

Similar To:  By doing a bottle comparison, it looks as if there are three shades in my collection that are extremely close, but not exact.  These are Revlon's Red Hot Tamale, China Glaze's Rose Among Thorns (Neon), and Borghese's Castello Cherry.  

This Look:  One coat of Salon Science's Starting Over After Artificials, two coats of TDMMDI, and one coat of Sherani's Tufcoat.

I really ♥ colors like this and especially this one!  This is definitely a feel good color that really turns heads.  Well, that's it and that's all my well-polished readers.  Let me know what you think and what I really want to know is why, oh why, did OPI name this color TDMMDI?  Puzzling. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...