Join my colorful nail care journey!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Essie - Ruby Slippers (5/8/2011)

There's no place like home...  Essie Ruby Slippers is what I call a "special occasion" nail polish, however, it is very wearable; you wanna be anywhere but home with when you wear this.  My hubby picked this out for our anniversary and though I couldn't wear it to dinner, I put it on the first chance I got and wore it on Sunday.  I've been wearing this for three days and so far so good.


Color Description:  Ruby Slippers is a deep red jelly with medium (almost chunky) multi-colored glitter from shades of red to orangey-gold.  Depending on how many coats you apply, the glitter appears to be suspended in strawberry syrup.  If you've ever made your own strawberry shortcake from scratch, with fresh strawberries, you know exactly what I'm talking about.


Similar To:  It's different than any other red glitter I own because of the size and color of the glitter.  But, believe it or not, this is not my favorite red-jelly glitter of the bunch...  I actually preferred Wet n Wild's Extravaganza, so much so, that I bought an extra and have it in my back-up box!


This Look:  One coat of Starting Over After Artificials, three coats of Ruby Slippers, one coat of Sally Hansen NailShine Miracle and one coat of Sally Hansen Mega Shine.


Price Point/Availability:  I received this in a swap from the lovely rmcandlelight of Nails Beautiqued, however, Essie has long since discontinued Ruby Slippers. After doing a quick google search, I see that it is still being sold online at a few e-tailers.


Well, it's time for a change!  I really want to join in the Pink Wednesday craze, so I'm off to remove this and see which pink I want to wear...  Talk to you soon. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...