Well, Wednesday is here and I'm excited to wear an untried pink! Essie Status Symbol (SS) is from the Spring 2009 collection and is a great Spring/Summer color that can be worn on the tips and toes with ease.
Color Description: Described by Essie as a creamy feisty hot pink, Status Symbol, by its very name, suggests that is the quintessential "mean girls" pink. It is a medium flamingo pink with a unique creme/jelly finish. So nice!
Similar To: SS has been compared to OPI Strawberry Margarita (clic 4 pic) by Vee, of Milan & Vanaily and is very close to OPI Elephantastic Pink. In certain lighting, it also reminds me of Wet n' Wild (click 4 pic) How I Met Your Magenta. As you can see from the pics, this color can go from "party over here" to "sweet sophistication" in an instant. :)
This Look: One coat of Starting Over After Artificials, three coats of SS and one coat of Shine and Hold topcoat. I used three coats to even out the bald spots on my nails. If you have patience enough for a third coat, it can really make a difference in the final look.
Price Point/Availability: I own the mini bottle that came with Flawless, Mesmerize and One of A Kind. I picked it up on sale at Ulta over a year ago. At any rate, Status Symbol can be purchased at various e-tailers online or may be found at select salon locations retailing for $8.00. However, I believe this to be discontinued because it's not sold on Essie's website.
I'm always pleased to hear from you so, by all means, leave a comment down below and as always have a well-polished Wednesday!
Oh and before I forget, this look was inspired by my all-time favorite Beanie Baby, Pinky the Flamingo. Isn't she the cutest?
- ► 2012 (37)
- Revlon - Just Tinted in Mystical (05/31/2011)
- Fun-Friday Mani: LaRosa Crackle - Hot Purple over ...
- Pink Wednesday: Essie - Status Symbol (05/25/2011...
- Kreativ Blogger Award - 10 Things About Me Reveale...
- L.A. Colors - Aqua Crystals (05/22/2011)
- L.A. Colors - Solar Gold (5/16/2011)
- Fun-Friday Mani: Kleancolor Crack - Red Crackle ov...
- Pink Wednesday: OPI - Sparrow Me The Drama (5/11/2...
- Essie - Ruby Slippers (5/8/2011)
- Orly - Bubbly Bombshell (5/5/2011)
- Kleancolor Crack - Green Crackle (5/4/2011)
- ▼ May (11)