Join my colorful nail care journey!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

OPI - Do You Think I'm Tex-y?

Do You Think I'm Tex-y (DYTIT) is from OPI's 2011 Texas Collection and this nail look was inspired by Revlon's Cherries in The Snow lipstick.  It's a new lipstick to me but a cult classic since the 1950's for many.  Isn't it intriguing?


Color Description: I would categorize this lacquer in the raspberry/cherry family as it is a deep pink-red that contains blue undertones.  OPI described it as "a berry" sorbet (jelly) and I concur.


Similar To: Can't wait to get my hands on Revlon's lacquer Cherries In The Snow because even though one is a jelly (DYTIT) and one is a creme (CITS), I believe them to be just about the same color.  Also, I compared it to a vintage Sally Hansen that I own Tropical Rose Creme these are the same, as well.


This Look: One coat of Starting Over After Artificials, one coat of OPI Acrylic Nail Base Coat, three coats of DYTIT, and one coat of Sally Hansen Mega Shine, totaling 7 coats of lacquer! 


Price Point/AvailabilityTexas Collection by OPI is available at Professional Salons, JCPenney and Ulta, for $8.50 suggested retail.


What finish do you prefer? Jelly, creme, glitter, crackle, holographic? Personally, I'm actually starting to like cremes more than jellies for opacity but you can't beat the shine that a jelly lacquer offers.  A certain yummy-factor like no other. :)

7 comments:

  1. Mmm... Raspberry jelly... I have a few of these OPI jellies on my lust list. Must. Get. Them. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great color! it looks really nice on you, and i loooove the jelly finish (: i managed to find this collection on sale, buy one get one 75% off! so now i have all the jellies i want.. YAY :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful colours!
    I am one of your followers, I hope you can follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh such a gorgeous jelly. love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous color! I've been into cremes and glittery polishes myself lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks lovely and glossy.
    x

    http://nanakkii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...