Join my colorful nail care journey!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pink Wednesday: Essie - Your Hut or Mine (06/01/2011)

Incandescent Lighting
It's 11:31p (PST) as I type and I'm absolutely determined to get this in, just under the wire, for Pink Wednesdays!  I decided to try out one of the Summer 2011 Essie lacquers from their Resort Safari-inspired collection - Your Hut or Mine (YHoM).  A very feminine pink with and even more femme fatale name.


Color Description:  Best described as a honeysuckle, Your Hut or Mine is a deep and dusty reddish-pink with secret golden shimmer (seen in the last pic).  This is the type of shimmer that can only be seen in certain lighting but is so gorgeous it makes your nails look deliciously shiny. 


OTT/Natural Bulb w/ Light Box
Similar To:  Did a quick check of the stash and nothing is similar.  However, YHoM is said to be to be an extremely close match to Pantone's 2011 Color of the Year - Honeysuckle; looked for myself and it's a dead-on match.


This Look:  One coat of Starting Over After Artificials, two coats of YHoM, and one coat of Shine & Hold.

Price Point/Availability:  I picked this up at a not so local beauty supply on my way home from my San Diego trip a few weeks ago.  Hadn't even seen a swatch or a press release for this when I bought it but really liked the color.  This will retail for $8.00 and will more than likely be limited edition since it's from the Summer 2011 Resort collection.




Halogen Lighting
Thanks so much for stopping by and I can't believe I've reached 250 readers!  I was happy to get my first 25, much less 10x that much.  Let me know your thoughts and TTYS!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...