Join my colorful nail care journey!

Friday, January 6, 2012

OPI - Have You Seen My Limo? (01/06/2012)

So gorgeous in the bottle and out this, somewhat vintage, nail polish was released in 2007 in the limited edition Holiday in Hollywood collection.  This is a very mysteriously beautiful lacquer and I must say that I am not, at all, disappointed.


Color Description:  Have You Seen My Limo? is a subtle duochrome that flashes dark green but is predominantly a deep eggplant purple; one reviewer said it reminded her of a bowl purple of olives - very nice description!  It has very find silver shimmer (just enough not to be frosty) and is one of those colors that have someone grab your hand and say, "What color is that?"  Again, mysterious.


Similar To:  This puts me in the mind of Orly's Royal Velvet (see my post here) but at the same time is totally different. However, this is a nice addition to my Bruised Beauties collection (right click to view post here).  It has also been compared to Sally Hansen's Black Tie.


This Look:  Two coats of Starting Over After Artificials (needed some extra strength because I've been washing dishes with no gloves - FOR SHAME!), three coats of have you seen my limo (for added umph-factor), and one coat of Shine & Hold.


Price Point/Availability:  I found this at an old dusty beauty supply and only found one for sale online for $15.99. So if you see this lacquer and you like the color, definitely pick it up because it has now become a collector's item.


As always, I love sharing my beautiful colors and rare finds with you all and hope you like listening to my thoughts.  Also, if you have any good suggestions for dish gloves let me know.  I use these: Water Stop Gloves and they're pretty and water does not seep through the top but I've gone through at least three pair because they are thin and finger tips wear easily and they get discolored (not long-lasting, at all).  So let me know what you use!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...