Join my colorful nail care journey!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pink Wednesday: Miss Marion - Neapolitan

Can you say yummy?  Who doesn't like Neapolitan ice cream?  Strawberry, Vanilla and with a hint of Chocolate, this Miss Marion lacquer is very appropriately named.  I must say I was a bit puzzled at the name until I sat down and took a real close look at the bottle, then it all came together like two scoops and a spoon - lol!!!


Color Description:  A creamy, dusty pink with brown undertones, Neapolitan is definitely a neutral to be reckoned with.  It applies sheer and shiny like the best jellies, which was a pleasant surprise. So I guess I would sum this one up as a dusty pink with a jelly finish.


Similar To:  I found this to be close in hue (not finish) to Sally Hansen's Infinite Natural, which I previously compared to OPI's Dulce De Leche but again Neapolitan is definitely a jelly which makes it unique.


This Look: One coat of Starting Over After Artificials, the coats of Neapolitan and one coat of Shine & Hold.


Price Point/Availability:  Miss Marion can be purchase directly from Miss Marion via JBK Trading for 3 for $8.95.


Boy does this bottle (and picture) bring back memories.  In the late eighties and even into the early nineties all the ladies (including myself) would request Miss Marion's Garnet to be placed on our medium to long acrylic talons.  Well, Miss Marion's is still in business and I found them to purchase a multitude of colors a few years ago and am happy that I did.  


Have you ever worn Miss Marion's lacquer?  If not, you can still find out about their history here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...