Join my colorful nail care journey!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Fun-Friday Mani: China Glaze - Skyscraper (07/22/2011)


It's been almost two months since my last Fun-Friday so I thought I stray away from the safe "interview-ready" manis and paint on some BANG, BOOM, POW!  I picked up Skyscraper yesterday and couldn't put it down - you just don't have a Skyscraper in your hand everyday.  I also picked up Westside Warrior, so far these are the only two of interest from China Glazes upcoming Fall 2011 Metro Collection (both of these are included in the Downtown set).


Color Description: Very aptly described as a sparkling, glitter blue reminiscent of sky over the city, Skyscraper is definitely a lacquer that I can have some fun with.  A true navy blue, this dark denim jelly, with suspended silver glitter is bar none. Smooth to the touch (not bumpy like most glitters this size), Skyscraper is a must-have for every polish enthusiast.


Similar To:  Skyscraper is almost the exact same color/hue of OPI Russian Navy Suede (less the chunky glitter).  I would also say it's similar to Essie Starry Starry Night on steroids.  I've read somewhere that it would be a great for frankening SSN because it's so "chock full 'o glitter".  Imagine standing on top of the Empire State Building in a black-out, that's Skyscraper.


This Look: One coat of Starting Over After Artificials, two coats of Skyscraper, one coat of Sally Hansen NailShine Miracle (great for chunky glitters, though there was no smoothing necessary) and one coat of Sally Hansen MegaShine (fast drying).  On the last pic I decided to run a little OPI Russian Navy Suede over the tips due to a bit of shrinkage.  Can you tell the difference?  Nice!


w/ OPI Russian Navy Suede
on tips
Price Point/Availability:  Slated to be released this Fall, The Metro Collection, will hit stores in August retailing for about $7.00 at Sally's.  I found mine at a Mom & Pop store that decided to put the collection out a bit early and I'm not mad at 'em - lol.


Have a great weekend and for those of you who don't have this one already, hope you get a chance to see this beauty in person! The pics just don't do it justice. 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...