Join my colorful nail care journey!

Monday, July 11, 2011

OPI - A Man In Every Port-ugal (07/11/2011)

Not exactly sure about the name of this lacquer, so I will be using AMIEP instead, but the color is amazing! Maybe it has something to do with port wine, hmm? Anywho, I received this in a swap a few weeks ago.  I have a few extra China Glaze LOL and swapped one for this because of the bottle pics I found online.  I thought it was sooo unique!


Color Description:  AMIEP is described by OPI as a cool dark burgundy berry but does not let you in on the secret blue shimmer which drew me to this gorgeous Fall shade.  The blue shimmer can only be seen in certain light and when it can't be seen it creates a super shiny wet look. I couldn't wait for the Fall to try this one out so here it is in all its Autumn glory.
Macro Shot


Similar To: This is not similar to anything else in my collection.  I gravitate towards obvious shimmers or straight cremes but this is somewhere in between.  Nice!


This Look:  One coat of Starting Over After Artificials for the base, two coats of AMIEP and one coat of Sally Hansen Mega Shine topcoat.


Price Point/Availability:  AMIEP is now discontinued because it dates back to the Fall of 2002 and is from OPI's European Collection.  As I mentioned earlier, I swapped for this and feel it was well worth it.  I have seen this color for sale online so if you're interested, go for it!


How many of you beautiful ladies own this color? Would love to hear your thoughts about it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...