Join my colorful nail care journey!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ulta - Set The Nude (Comparisons)

This color choice was inspired by my friend of 25 years.  This weekend we were at an assembly in Mira Loma, California and had the best time of our life.  We ate, we laughed and I saw friends that I hadn't been in contact with in over 20 years.  Good Times!


Anyway, she was wearing Essie Playa Del Platinum and was astounded when I was able to look at her nails and name the brand and color (even though I don't own the color).  I was a little surprised myself - lol!  When I got home I searched for all colors that were remotely close to what it looked like on her.  


Well, from the title of this post, I'm sure, you can figure out which was my favorite.  I ended up picking Ulta's Set The Nude.  I liked the way it went with my complexion the most.  Sad but true, my least favorite of the bunch was the OPI - not warm enough for me.  When I scoured my collection this is what I came up with:


Similar To/Comps:  Hand pic from top to bottom you have Milani Bare to Wear (index), Ulta Set the Nude (middle), Color Club Who Are You Wearing (ring) and OPI Skull & Glossbones (ring).
Skull and Glossbones  | Who Are You Wearing | Set The Nude | Bare to Wear
Color Description:  Set the Nude, in my mind's eye, was the most similar to Essie Playa Del Platinum (or at least this is what I remember it looking like on my friend).  I haven't seen any comps between the two yet.  I really like the greyish, tanish, nudishness of this polish.

Point/Availability:  All lacquers should be availabe online with the exception of Milani's Bare To Wear which was limited edition at CVS a while back.  Prices range from $8.50 to $3.00.


Well, I'm getting another late start on today's Pink Wednesday theme but will be wearing DS Passion, if you're interested (lol).  Will upload post later on this evening EDIT: next Wednesday.  Have an great day, you all!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...