Join my colorful nail care journey!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Essie - Turquoise & Caicos (06/26/2011)

What a weekend!  My brother had three of his five kids graduate last week (M-W-F) and asked me to help with the festivities of his graduation party on Friday.  Since he has three girls who absolutely ♥ nail polish, I set up shop, literally SET UP SHOP in the girls room with all the fixings, neons, crackles and glitters and we had a ball.

I did nails from 5p until 11p at night!  The mothers, daughters, aunties and friends were elated to have a little color in their life and I was happy to share my love of AllThingsNails!  Needless to say, after at least 20 manis I needed a mani myself.  So I came home and put on Essie's Turquoise and Caicos...


Color Description:  Essie T&C is a beautiful and serene island ocean blue.  I say "island" because you would have to imagine being somewhere tropical to truly understand this beautiful lacquer like the Blue Hole of the coral reef in Central America, Belize (San Pedro Caye).  My husband and I had the privilege of snorkeling there in 1996; it's simply amazing!

Similar To:  This is extremely similar to the OPI Pirates of the Caribbean's Mermaid Tears.  See the water correlation there, again? These are interchangeable but definitely one of them should be in your collection. Orly's Ancient Jade has been said to be a close second, as well.

This Look:  T&C is very sheer so I put an white base coat on of Miss Marion's Super Base, then layered three coats of T&C with a coat of my topcoat, Shine and Hold.

Price Point/Availability:  If you're looking for Turquoise & Caicos, you might be having a hard time because it's form last years Essie Resort 2010 collection, which I believe was limited edition.  You may be able to still find it as some salons and online.  You may be better off looking for OPI's Mermaid Tears, a this point, though.

Well, off to my meeting in about an hour - we'll be in Orange County today.  Hope you enjoy what's left of this beautiful weekend and talk to you soon!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...