I discovered this beautiful color on a fellow MUA nailboarder (p0key) and said, "What is that?" She told me that it was her absolute favorite brand, American Apparel and it was called African Violet. Needless to say, I was there within days to find this gorgeous purple.
Color Description: This is an extremely rich, comic book, BOOM, POW, WOW, purple. It's a medium to dark creme that photographs on the blue side but definitely has a hint of magenta in there somewhere. I attempted to capture the true hue of African Violet... This is definitely one to own, ladies!
Similar To: I, honestly, have nothing to compare this with in my collection. It's uniquely different for a purple.
This Look: One coat of Starting Over After Artificials, two coats of African Violet and one coat of Mega Shine.
- ► 2012 (37)
- Zoya - Faye (Summer Sunshine Collection 2011)
- Summer Zoyas Have Landed!
- American Apparel - Summer Peach (03/28/2011)
- Fun-Friday Mani: OPI/China Glaze - Teenage Dream L...
- My Zoya Summer Nail Polish Selections!
- CLOSE-UP: Designer Perfect Eye Liner Brush (for NP...
- American Apparel - African Violet (03/19/2011)
- Milani - Purple Mirror (3/15/2011)
- Sally Hansen - Infinite Natural (3/12/2011)
- American Apparel - Peacock
- American Apparel Swatches - Greens (Mac Arthur Par...
- Wet N Wild - How I Met Your Magenta/Fast Dry (3/8/...
- Sally Hansen Color Quick Pen - Midnight (3/5/2011)...
- Misa Chenille Chartreuse (3/2/2011)
- ▼ March (14)