Join my colorful nail care journey!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

American Apparel - Peacock

Ulmiel of Did Someone Say Nail Polish? responded to yesterday's post that she'd like to see Peacock.  I thought, "what a perfect choice", this being such a Fall/Winter color.  I've yet to wear anything like this in the last 6 months - so wahlah, Peacock, it is!

Color Description:  Peacock is such a vibrant deep teal that leans towards the green spectrum (which my camera refused to capture).  The formula is outstanding and the quality rivals the better salon brands.  I love this stuff!

Similar To:  In the bottle Peacock is extremely similar to Orly's new Sapphire Silk and OPI's Ski Teal We Drop.  But low and behold, when painted on the nail they have distinct differences.  Sapphire Silk is really dusty and leans toward the gray spectrum, while Ski Teal We Drop is blue, blue, blue - just about navy.  I need them all in my life. :P

This Look:  If applied correctly the first time, Peacock is a one-coater, however, today I have on a base of Starting Over After Artificials, two coats of Peacock, and one coat of Sally Hansen Mega Shine.

Price Point/Availability:  Unlike many other brands, American Apparel keeps their lacquers in stock, without a lot of hype (i.e. Limited Edition, etc.).  These are sold for $6 ea. or 3/$15 and can go for as low as 7/$32 online.

Do you own any of the polishes mentioned?  Until we speak again, have a well-polished weekend!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...